Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for various programs that support the business goals and objectives of Fleet Mobility Services.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Establishes fleet program standards, methods, policies and procedures by studying business requirements, obtaining appropriate
consultations, and determining equipment, facility, staffing, and budget needs.
2. Develops business plan by reviewing department needs, establishing appropriate procedures and timelines of request completion,
and estimating costs of good required to complete request.
3. Establishes priorities, scheduling activities and employees, confers with suppliers to obtain parts, monitors progress and revises
schedules and resolves problems as they arise.
4. Manages equipment and facilities by establishing maintenance procedures, monitoring of contracts, maintaining necessary
equipment requirements, and evaluation of new equipment and techniques.
5. Responsible for establishment of budgetary requirements, purchasing, monitoring of daily reports and logs, approving expenditures,
compiling and analyzing costs and initiating corrective measures.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge of assigned program by attending training classes, reviewing professional
publications, and serve on committees or boards.
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of established fleet programs (fuels, hydraulic, tire, other);
Knowledge of supervisory or management techniques;
Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation;
Knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials in fleet program;
Knowledge of training methods and techniques;
Knowledge of city practice, policies and procedures;
Knowledge of calculus, basic accounting and technical writing;
Skill in oral and written communication;
Skill in using computers and related software applications;
Skill in negotiations;
Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations;
Skill in using software applications to perform data analysis and problem solving;
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities;
Ability to train personnel in various techniques, safety practices, policies, and procedures, and other operational requirements;
Ability to analyze and resolve irregular events;
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
Location/Region: Austin, TX (78702)